The National Film and Video Censors Board has released the list of the ten most profitable Films in Nigeria for 2018.
It took stock of all the 87 films released last year by Cinema film distributors like FilmOne distribution, Genesis Cinemas, Silverbird film distribution, and Blue Pictures distribution.
In a book, Presenting Nollywood at a glance, it also revealed that Nigeria's top 10 grossing movies in 2018 made N697 million.
It calculated the estimates of the total box office sales of these movies in both Nigerian and Ghanaian cinemas presented as of November 16, 2018.
Based on all the facts, Ay Makun's 'Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons' which made N228 million, has been crowned the highest-grossing Nollywood movie of the year. 'Merry Men' is also currently the fourth highest-grossing Nigerian film of all time.
Here is the complete list of highest grossing Nollywood movies for 2018:
1. 'Merry Men' - N228 million
2. 'King of Boys' - N104 million
3. 'The Ghost & the Tout' - N77 million
4. 'Moms at War' - N65 million
5. 'The Royal Hibiscus Hotel' - N58 million
6. 'The Vendor' - N44 million
7. 'New Money' - N41 million
8. '7 and a Half Dates' - N33 million
9. 'Lara & The Beat' - N31 million
10. 'Crazy People' - N16 million