Do You Know That Choosing The Right Blood Group May Reduce The Chances Of A Woman Having Stillbirth ( Dead Babies): Br Dr Chin AkanoRelated: South Africa Dismisses News Of Ebola Outbreak
· If small numbers of the baby’s blood crossed into the mother’s blood
· The woman underwent an invasive procedure during pregnancy like amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling ( CVS)
· Even if the mother injured her abdomen during pregnancy
· After a previous miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy
· If a Rh negative woman received a positive blood accidentally
I am sure at this point you would be wondering if there is something that can be done to prevent this disease.
The good news is that yes there is. The disease can be prevented by the Rh negative woman taking an injection called anti-D immunoglobulin after these processes listed above. This can help to prevent sensitisation and therefore the disease. This injection is readily available.
Please make sure your wife knows her blood group and Rhesus factor before having babies. This would help.
Awareness is key.
Many Thanks for reading