Igbo Hater Adeyinka Grandson Arrested By Scotland Yard For Offences Relating To Terrorism And Public Order Acts
By Iwedi Ojinmah 6 months ago
Be careful what you say because your words may come back to haunt you. Separatist Adeyinka Grandson has found that out first hand.
As we know at precisely 5:35 am, on Thursday Adeyinka Grandson was arrested by the Scotland Yard's Counter Terrorism Command for the offences related to Terrorism and Public Order Acts.
Grandson called for the killing of Igbos residing in Yoruba land for not voting the candidate of their choice" during the March 2019 General Election.
He has also threatened the North with the use of chemical weapons should the South-West be attacked under any guise.
Adeyinka Grandson’s arrest was based on his controversial YouTube videos, Facebook &Tumblr posts and a website linked with the name of the YYF. but does not belong to the YYF, the Yoruba man specializes in calling for the killings of Igbos who are based in Yoruba land.
Adeyinka was accused of instigating racial discrimination against the Igbo people and for encouraging terrorism all which he denied. He was granted conditional bail.
As part of his bail conditions, he cannot access, use, or post on Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr or on a website linked with the Young Yoruba for Freedom.
He was directed to report back to the Police station on the 2nd September 2019.
Meanwhile, the Young Yoruba for Freedom (YYF), have responded to his arrest by releasing a communiqué. It was signed by Tinuola Asake Director of Communications Young Yoruba for Freedom (YYF)
It reads as follows:
1. On the 6th August 2019, three addresses in London, frequented by Adeyinka Grandson, the President of the Young Yoruba for Freedom (YYF), were searched by the London Metropolitan Police at 4:15 am, 4:45 am and 5:00 am respectively. The searches were authorized by the Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
2. At precisely 5:35 am, Adeyinka Grandson was arrested by the Scotland Yard Counter Terrorism Command for the offences related to Terrorism and Public Order Acts. He was arrested by 35 Police officers with five vehicles and then brought to the Southwark Police Station Special Suite.
3. Adeyinka Grandson’s arrest was based on his YouTube videos, Facebook posts, Tumblr posts and a website linked with the name of the YYF, but That supposedly does not belong to the YYF.
Click Here to See
4. Adeyinka Grandson was interviewed by the Police from the Scotland Yard Counter Terrorism Command for 9 hours. During the interview, he was accused of stirring up racial discrimination against the Ibo and the Fulani and for encouraging terrorism.
5. Adeyinka Grandson denied any involvement in or encouraging terrorism and racial hatred. He, nevertheless, maintained that the YYF supports the restructuring of Nigeria back to the regional system of government or the outright dissolution of the country and that Young Yoruba all over the world are ready to defend the Yoruba's civilization and make Yorubaland great again. He was granted a conditional bail at 9:15 pm on the 6th August 2019.
6. As part of his bail conditions, he cannot access, use, or post on Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr or the website linked with the Young Yoruba for Freedom Adeyinka Grandson is expected to live and sleep at his home address only.
7. Adeyinka Grandson has not been charged for any crime. He is required to report back to the Police station on the 2nd of September 2019. The Young Yoruba for Freedom (YYF), has no idea what the Police plan to do with the allegations of terrorism and public order acts.
8. The Police has seized Adeyinka Grandson’s passport, two Google phones, one Apple MacBook laptop computer, one tablet, a Hard Drive and a draft copy of his new book expected to be published later in the year.
9. In the meantime, Adeyinka Grandson will comply with his bail conditions. He has resigned from his job due to the seriousness of the allegations against him and to enable him to prepare his defence if the matter goes to court. He requires our support more than before.
10. The Young Yoruba for Freedom (YYF), requests for public support from the Yoruba Conservatives in England to attend the Court hearing if and when the matter goes to court. We, however, do not request for the support of the Yoruba Liberals. We are not unaware that the Yoruba Liberals along with the Ibo would like to attend the hearing if the matter goes to the court.
Adeyinka Grandson is mentally prepared. He wants the world to know, if the matter goes to court, about the injustice against the Yoruba nation in Nigeria under the sham unitary system in a multicultural country. While defending himself with the help of his lawyers, he will also use the opportunity to call for the dissolution of Nigeria without a return to the regional government before 2023 and defend the activities of the Young Yoruba for Freedom (YYF).
11. Adeyinka Grandson believes, among other matters, that the evidence obtained by the Police from his house detailing his connection and correspondence with the CIA, the letters he wrote to President Trump and the US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, might have contributed to being granted bail. He wishes to thank President Trump and his administration for standing for justice and fairness.
12. Adeyinka Grandson also wishes to thank the supporters of the Young Yoruba for Freedom (YYF), operating in the presidency of Nigeria for the valid information they provided about the impending assassination attempt on his life before his eventual arrest and release by the Scotland Yard Counter Terrorism Command.
13. The Young Yoruba for Freedom (YYF), says a big thank you to all the Yoruba who have been very concerned about Adeyinka Grandson's welfare.
Adeyinka Grandson, born into an upper-middle-class Yoruba family and is a Prince of Oka-Akoko. As he himself reported, he is more noted for 'talking about what actually exists in nature than for an interest in the abstract reason for its own sake.'
For most of his life, he pursued an academic career with political interest. He established Economic Initiative to influence regional urban policy to bring about effective change for local communities, by acting as a bridge between policy-making and the community sector. In all his work, he brings together people from a wide range of backgrounds to develop ideas that will shape the debate in Yorubaland and beyond, and engage a broad and diverse audience worldwideRelated: ENI Boss Claudio Descalzi To Step Down If Found Guilty In Nigerian Oil Bribery Case
Grandson's vision for the new Yoruba Nation
On the 6th August 2017, he was appointed the President of Young Yorubas for Freedom (YYF). YYF is a conservative youth organization, established in 2012 to ensure that increasing numbers of young Yorubas understand and are inspired by the idea of liberty, individual freedom, a strong Yoruba national defence, free enterprise, and self-preservation.
YYF has resolved to do the following as their first public course of actions:
1. Remove and replace the name 'the Nigerian Stock Exchange' back to its original name, 'the Lagos Stock Exchange'
2. Remove and replace the name 'Murtala Muhammed International Airport' back to its original name 'Lagos International Airport'
3. Remove and replace the name 'Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island' with 'Fela Anikulapo Way, Victoria Island'.
4. To take over the control of Yoruba ports and waterways, currently under the control of the Hausa/Fulani.
His call for the killing and expulsion of the Igbo from the West recently went viral especially so among the Igbo who ironically played a significant role in raising funds to release him from jail in 2012 when his wife had him arrested and remanded to prison.
The Awareness will continue to monitor all developments pertaining to this case and share all updates on our pages.