Okorocha Lambasts Ihedioha, Insist PDP Chieftains Assembled In Owerri For A Party Jamboree, Get-Together To Abuse Him
By Iheme Kelechi 2 months ago
The immediate past governor of Imo State, and Senator for Imo West, Rochas Okorocha, has described the just ended Ahiajoku lectures in Owerri as a mere party jamboree. The former governor, now a Senator said his successor , Emeka Ihedioha , assembled the governor of Akwa Ibom State , Udom Emmanuel , former ministers of Aviation , Osita Chidoka and Fani Kayode ; and other chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party in Owerri on Saturday during the 40th Ahiajoku lecture to abuse him and nothing more.
Senator Rochas Okorocha, in a press release by his media aide, Sam Onwuemeodo, described the event as a "Get-Together".
In exercising their right of response, they accused Chief Emeka Ihedioha of governing Imo State with a stolen mandate which has since then, denied him sleep as he can't afford to close his two eyes for a minute sleep. Okorocha insist that Ihedioha has remained haunted by that electoral mishap since then.
Read the press release below;
RE: IHEDIOHA DECLARES WAR ON OKOROCHA/IHEDIOHA TACKLES OKOROCHA.
- IHEDIOHA IS GOVERNING IMO WITH STOLEN MANDATE & IS HAUNTED BY THAT.
- WHAT HAPPENED IN OWERRI ON SATURDAY WAS A RE-UNION OF PDP BIGWIGS & NOT AHIAJOKU LECTURE.
The media, especially the Print and Social, had been awash with stories, and their Captions like, “Governor Emeka Ihedioha declares war against Rochas Okorocha”, “Ihedioha tackles Okorocha”, and so on. And the governor was quoted to have made such inciting and insulting comments at the so-called 2019 Ahiajoku Lecture, held in Owerri on Saturday, November 30, 2019.
In exercising our right of response, we want to State as follows:-
(1) Chief Emeka Ihedioha is governing Imo State with a stolen mandate. Since then, he has never slept with his two eyes closed. He has remained haunted by that electoral mishap.
(2) What happened in Owerri on Saturday was not Ahiajoku Lecture but a get-together by the PDP bigwigs and they were assembled by governor Ihedioha to abuse the former governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, the APC and the Party’s leadership at all levels.
(3) All those who attended the event including Fani Kayode, Chief Chidoka, Chief Peter Obi, Prof. M. Echeruo, Governor Udom Emmanuel etal, are all PDP chieftains. So, it was the first get-together of the Party after the elections, in the South-East. And they did nothing else than to abuse Okorocha, APC and other leadersRelated: Pastor Enoch Adeboye Call On FG To Increase Allocation To Vital Sectors To Boost The Economy
(4) Ihedioha has been on the seat as governor for seven months now, from May to November, and within the period, he has never done any other thing other than to abuse Rochas Okorocha because he is cowed or intimidated by Okorocha’s existing achievements. He can’t cope and has no other option than to resort to abuses.
(5) The governor does not know what to do with the position. He has discovered that the post of governor is different from the position of Deputy Speaker of House of Representatives with keen interests in oversight functions and constituency projects. Hence, in Seven months, there is nothing to show that there is a new government in the State, only promises without fulfillment of any.
(6) He made too much noise about pension. He has only paid 3 months, August, September and October. He has made noise about roads and not even one pothole has been filled. The government only exists on whatsapp and facebook. Yahoo-Yahoo.com government. And Imo people are now asking him where is the money left behind by Okorocha? Where are the loans he has taken? Where are the federal allocations for both State and Local Governments? Where are the IGR Funds?.
(7) PDP had governed the State for 12 years before Okorocha. Let Ihedioha and his government publish the achievements of the PDP government for the 12 years it governed the State, while we publish Okorocha’s achievements in eight years. We have thrown up this harmless challenge severally, yet, no action from them because they know the truth. The truth is that what Okorocha achieved in 8 years, the PDP government didn’t achieve one-tenth of it in 12 years. And the current government appears the worst because there is no sign of progress or any hope that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.
(8) It is very disappointing that Ihedioha expended the opportunity he would have used to tell his fellow party members what he has been doing in the State for Seven months to abuse Okorocha and APC. Was Okorocha the topic of the Ahiajoku Lecture? Insulting Okorocha obviously was the only thing he could say to divert attention and also attract attention.
(9) Governor Ihedioha has shown that he does not have the capacity to govern the State. He is not on Seat to abuse Okorocha. He is there to work for Imo people. He spent about N6 billion to organize the PDP get-together called Ahiajoku Lecture, only to abuse Okorocha and in an edifice built by the same Okorocha. The former governor changed the place and called it Imo Trade and Investment Centre because to him and to most Imo people, Ahiajoku had no spiritual and economic value. But Ihedioha came and went back to Ahiajoku.
(10) Finally, Ihedioha should face governance and leave Okorocha alone. The whole thing has become nauseating.
Special Adviser (media) to the former governor, Senator Rochas Okorocha