The Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Collins Chiji, has decamped to the ruling APC party in Imo State.
The Speaker who is representing Isiala Mbano LGA at the assembly was elected on the platform of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) but later defected to the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in other to emerge as the speaker.
Rt. Hon. Chiji, following rumoured impeachment plans against him and recent political intrigues in the state has decamped to the current ruling party in the state 'APC'
The speaker decamped to the APC with the following nine (9) members of the assembly;
1) Nwangele LGA: Hon Chyna Iwuanyanwu (APGA - PDP - and now APC)
2) Ideato North LGA. Hon Innocent Egwim (AA - APC)
3) Okigwe LGA: Hon Chydon Ogbunikpa (PDP - APC)
4) Nkwerre LGA : Hon Obinna Okwara (AA - APC)
5) Onuimo LGA : Hon Paul Emeziem (APGA - APC)
6) Orsu LGA : Hon Ekene Nnodumele - (APGA - APC)
7) Ideato South LGA: Hon Duru Johnson is (AA - APC)
8) Isu LGA: Hon S.N Obiefule (AA - APC)
9) Ohaji-Egbema LGA: Hon Herculus Okoro (PDP - APC)
Following the political intrigues, the deputy speaker of the house Hon Okey Onyekanma of the PDP representing Mbaitoli LGA has resigned his position as the deputy speaker of the house of assembly to avoid being impeached.