Do you have a passion and a nose for Breaking News and Current Affairs?
Do you have a superior grasp of the English Language, both verbal and written?
Do you have the ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as within a team setting?
Do you consider yourself dependable and able to meet set deadlines in a timely and consistent manner?
Do you want to help grow, as well as grow yourself with one of the youngest and fastest rising Media Platforms in the country?
If you answered YES to all of the above then we want to talk to you about joining our team.
Please send your CV, credentials and a cover letter describing what sets you apart from others and why we should hire you to firstname.lastname@example.org
No job agencies or third party applications accepted.
Here is a summary of what and who we are looking for
POSITION : News Correspondents - 2 slots
The Correspondent will be a field Reporter whose responsibilities will be the gathering of relevant news materials for the publication. The ideal candidate will be someone with an ear to the ground and a nose for news who can smell news from afar. The candidate should have sound writing skills with clarity of mind. He/She should have understanding of the workings of a modern newsroom, and what constitute news. The ideal candidate should be versatile and has the ability to do cross beats (she can cover business, as well as politics, and even entertainment). The ideal candidate should be an all rounder news person.
A First Degree in Mass Communication, English-Language, History, Political Science or Sociology would be preferred. However, candidates with backgrounds outside communication disciplines but with relevant media reportorial experiences and hands-on skills in journalism are encouraged to apply. A second degree will be an added advantage.
• Report and write news stories for publication on the site
• Research and analyze background information related to stories in order to provide accurate and complete information
• Gather information about events through research, interviews, news, sports, political events etc
• Investigate and report breaking news
• Research and report on specialized fields like science, medicine, technology, sports, religion etc
• Discuss issues with co-editors in order to establish priorities and positions.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org