The Awareness Media Limited, a newly incorporated news/media company poised to raise the bar in quality, factual, informative and development based news to a wide a audience. To actualise this, the company is currently recruiting to fill the position below :
POSITION : News Correspondents - 2 slots
The Correspondent will be a field Reporter whose responsibilities will be the gathering of relevant news materials for the publication. The ideal candidate will be someone with an ear to the ground and a nose for news who can smell news from afar. The candidate should have sound writing skills with clarity of mind. He/She should have understanding of the workings of a modern newsroom, and what constitute news. The ideal candidate should be versatile and has the ability to do cross beats (she can cover business, as well as politics, and even entertainment). The ideal candidate should be an all rounder news person.
A First Degree in Mass Communication, English-Language, History, Political Science or Sociology would be preferred. However, candidates with backgrounds outside communication disciplines but with relevant media reportorial experiences and hands-on skills in journalism are encouraged to apply. A second degree will be an added advantage.
• Report and write news stories for publication on the site
• Research and analyze background information related to stories in order to provide accurate and complete information
• Gather information about events through research, interviews, news, sports, political events etc
• Investigate and report breaking news
• Research and report on specialized fields like science, medicine, technology, sports, religion etc
• Discuss issues with co-editors in order to establish priorities and positions.